Playstation Network Supposedly Up This Week
The official Playstation blog put a post up on Saturday that details how PSN and Qriocity services will return this week, after that small matter of hackers getting access to millions of PSN users details (we still don’t 100% know whether that includes credit card details or not). Initially, this is what will be restored;
– Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
– This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
– Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
– Access to account management and password reset
– Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
– Friends List
– Chat Functionality
While it’s not going to regain anyone’s trust in Sony, the company are also rolling out a “Welcome Back” program. Each territory will have selected content available for free, but it’s not specified what exactly this will be. All PSN users and Playstation Plus will get free 30 days of Playstation Plus and Music Unlimited from Qriocity.
Seems a bit too little, too late to me.