DC Comics Brings Its “We Can Be Heroes” Campaign to Indiegogo
Crowdfunding for charity.
While pledging a chunk of money to DC’s Indiegogo campaign won’t result in a super-secret project coming to fruition, all the proceeds will go We Can Be Heroes, DC Entertainment’s non-profit charity to fight the hunger problem in the Horn of Africa. Pledge prizes donated to the cause include the following:
- 5 Batman digital comic downloads ($10 level)
- Batman/Superman #1 with exclusive ‘We Can Be Heroes’ variant cover ($25 level)
- 1 year print subscription to Batman/Superman, Batman, or Detective Comics ($30 level)
- Batman/Superman #1 variant cover as a T-shirt ($40 level)
- Batman: Earth One, Vol. 1 signed and sketched by writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank ($50 level)
- Batman: Earth One ‘We Can Be Heroes’ variant lithograph ($75 level)
- Xbox 360 copy of Batman: Arkham City signed by Rocksteady Studios’ founder, Sefton Hill ($100 level)
- Xbox 360 copy of Injustice: Gods Among Us, Battle Edition signed by Mortal Kombat legend Ed Boon ($250 level)
- All-expenses trip to Comic-Con with Geoff Johns and Gary Frank ($10,000 level)
The campaign blew through its original $50,000 goal and is now shooting for $100,000, adding more prizes as a result. With 43 days left until the end of the campaign, I’d say this goal is a safe bet. Donate what you can to the Indiegogo campaign and help DC Comics make a difference in millions of lives.