Xbox 360 Spring Update Out Today, Here’s What You Need To Know
Today Microsoft are finally giving us lucky people something that the PS3 has had since its launch and something the Wii has had for a while too. This is the ability to put Xbox 360 demos, games, themes etc onto a USB memory stick. There’s not much I else I can do to pad this out into a paragraph so here are the facts.
- Any USB memory stick over 1GB is supported
- When you insert a USB memory stick, you will need to format it through the Xbox 360. You can either format the whole memory stick or you can customise the amount you want to format.
- The limit of space you can use is 16GB. As of right now, we don’t know whether Portable Hard Drives could use multiple partitions of 16GB with the Xbox 360.
- With the 2 front USB ports filled, the maximum you can have is 32GB.
- Microsoft are releasing pre-formatted memory sticks in 8GB and 16GB sizes for $40 and $70 respectively. Or you could just buy a normal 16GB memory stick for about $30-$40 if you look in the right places.
The update is out now.