Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2 Patch – Better Late Than Never
One of the biggest gripes that I’ve heard from the people here at WPR about Mass Effect 2 is that planet scanning takes too damned long. Well, Bioware has heard your gripes and is addressing that particular one, along with a laundry list of others.
From their own social site (read that as forum), Bioware’s own Chris Priestly says that the update that has gone live for the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2 will fix the following:
- Scanning for minerals has been optimized
- Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
- Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
- Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
- Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn’t present
- Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can’t be picked up
- Fixed an issue with crosshairs
- Fixed an issue with Grunt’s Fortification power
- Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
- Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
- Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them
No word yet on when the PC version of this patch will hit the interwebs, but I’d think that the code wouldn’t be all that different. As soon as we know, you’ll know too.
Now…time to go back and get that 3rd playthrough before the second batch of DLC hits.