WPR is Looking for a Comic Book Industry Analyst/Reviewer
That’s right, we’re hiring and looking for the next person who wants to join our staff, do you have what it takes?
We are looking for someone who wants to become a comic book industry insider. We have all the tools to make it happen, but we are continually in search of the right person to get to that level with us.
- Must be able to review at a minimum 6 comic books a week.
- Be able analyze the comic book industry news sites/social media/PR Emails for topics worth posting on WPR.
- Have a sense of humor and wit in the staff private chat room that may overtake your life and make it harder to work.
- Have a hard worth ethic and be a self starter.
- Be able to follow a code of ethics and take assignments from Senior Staff.
A base level of knowledge on how to string words together into sentences and be able to follow a template for comic book reviews. We will allow you to grow as a writer, everyone has to start somewhere. Pretty much every current staff member got their start writing for WPR.
Or, be able to record/edit yourself in a Youtube Show format talking about comic book news/reviews
- So many free comic books you won’t know what to do with them. Dark Horse, IDW, Image Comics, Boom! Studios, Zenescope, Dynamite. All of these publishers comics, every week in digital format. (Marvel and DC Comics for reviews must be earned through hard work and consistency of putting articles up on a weekly basis.)
- Passes to any Comic Con or any Convention you plan on attending (As long as you can get yourself there/find an alley to sleep in on your own dime)
- An inside track to the comic book industry where you’ll have ample opportunity to interview all the major shakers and movers.
- A staff that cares about what you are doing and will work with you at every opportunity to help you.
- Opportunity to prove yourself worthy of being declared the our first Editor of Read and all the responsibility that would come with it.
WPR staff is currently made up of people who have a passion for what they write about and are devoting their free time to collectively working together to create something special. If you want to be a part of that, send two writing samples (Review a comic and create a News Post) to Ryan[dot]Thomason[at]WatchPlayRead.com with Comic Application in the subject line.