D&D Announcement: It’s Time you went to Neverwinter!
If you are planning on going to Gen Con 2011, in Indy, you’ll be in for a treat.
If you’re a reader of the Forgotten Realms novels, the city of Neverwinter is obviously something we’ve all heard of. This year at Gen Con, along with the new D&D Neverwinter Campaign Setting Wizards is introducing a new comic mini-series, a board game, organized play sessions, and a new novel from New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore.
Wizards of the Coast will showcase new Neverwinter product offerings at Gen Con Indy 2011 on August 4-7 at Booth #2031, and fans can also get in on the adventure at www.ExploreNeverwinter.com. What is this adventure? Honestly, it sounds pretty cool for a giant nerd like me (and hopefully you too), here is a complete list of all the crazy stuff going on this year that they will be doing and showing.
Neverwinter Mass Adventure at Gen Con 2011
– Show attendees of Gen Con Indy 2011 will have the opportunity to participate in a Neverwinter adventure using a series of QR codes to guide attendees to different Wizards of the Coast sponsored special events and locations. Attendees will be challenged along the way to choose between a quest for glory, a quest for power, or a quest for riches with hints provided by D&D on Facebook and Twitter.
Neverwinter Game Day
– On August 6, join D&D players around the world for an epic day of Dungeons & Dragons. This year, D&D Neverwinter Game Day spotlights an exclusive adventure entitled Gates of Neverdeath, in which characters are introduced to the intrigues and dangers that await in the city of Neverwinter. For the first time, players will create their own D&D characters at the event and play in a prelude adventure to the upcoming D&D Encounters season! Visit the Store and Event Locator to find participating retailers.
D&D Encounters: Lost Crown of Neverwinter & Fortune Cards
– Beginning August 10, players both young and old will gather on Wednesday evenings in local game stores around the world to experience the D&D Encounters Lost Crown of Neverwinter season. D&D Encounters is the first D&D Organized Play program designed exclusively for weekly play at retail locations worldwide – and this summer, adventuring parties will be hot on the trail of the Lost Crown of Neverwinter. D&D Neverwinter Fortune Cards, which launched this summer, enhance D&D Encounters game play by adding an element of unpredictability as each card provides a game effect that enhances attacks, defenses, or other benefits to characters.
Neverwinter Campaign Setting
– The Neverwinter Campaign Setting is the ultimate encyclopedia on the inner workings of the city of Neverwinter, containing everything from history and geography to character themes. It is the first-ever RPG book focused solely on one city and conveniently presents Neverwinter content in a single hardcover format containing information for both players and DMs.
D&D Lair Assault
– Beginning this September, devoted Dungeons & Dragons players worldwide will have the opportunity to gather at their local participating game stores as part of a new, highly tactical D&D Organized Play program named D&D Lair Assault. The first challenge, Forge of the Dawn Titan, will feature thrilling “convention-style” play that players and spectators alike are drawn to, challenging players on two levels – character building and tactical knowledge.
The Legend of Drizzt: Neverwinter Tales Comic Mini-series
— For a lighter story, fans can pick up the new 5-part mini-series The Legend of Drizzt: Neverwinter Tales comic mini-series this summer. Published by IDW and co-written by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore, the comic mini-series delves into the characters that inhabit Neverwinter as the city teeters on the brink of chaos.
D&D Heroes of Neverwinter Facebook game
– For lighter digital game play, fans can also take part in the D&D Heroes of Neverwinter game on Facebook, a turn-based strategy game launching this summer with pre-fabricated or user-generated dungeons, gifting and more.
Neverwinter, The Neverwinter Saga Book II by R.A. Salvatore
– With a fascinating cast of new secondary characters, Neverwinter launches on October 4 and takes the dual-scimitar wielding dark elf Drizzt and brings him to an area of the Realms he’s never adventured in – Neverwinter. With the last of his trusted companions having fallen, Drizzt is alone—and free—for the first time in almost a hundred years. Forced to see the dark deeds of common men, Drizzt begins to find himself on the wrong side of the law in an effort to protect those the law has failed. The paperback release of Gauntlgrym, The Neverwinter Saga Book I by R.A. Salvatore that lays the groundwork for all of the Neverwinter product offerings this fall, just released on July 5th.
The Legend of Drizzt Board Game<
– Launching October 18, this thrilling board game is based on the adventures of Drizzt Do’Urden, as told in the New York Times best-selling Forgotten Realms novels by R.A. Salvatore. Players take on the role of the legendary drow ranger or one of his famous adventuring companions, battle fearsome foes, and win treasure and glory.