‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ meh.
That’s right. Die Hard 5 has been titled, and dated. And if you are looking for a great romantic comedy to watch on Valentines day 2013, perhaps Die Hard will be the perfect thing to sweet your loved one off her feet.
The truth is much worse than the fantasy. Die Hard 5, the fifth installment in one of the greatest Action film franchises of all time, is truly slated for a release on Valentines Day, 2013. And to add insult to the injury, the film is being directed by John Moore (Max Payne, The Omen, Behind Enemy Lines), penned by the salt in the wound, Skip Woods (Swordfish, Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, A-Team), and will be focused around John McClane’s yet un-cast son being abducted by Russian’s.
Anyone think, Shia LaBouf? Nah. My thinking is more towards Justin Chatwin (Dragonball Evolution, War of the Worlds.) Call it a hunch.
Here’s the skinny.
- Die Hard 5 will be titled A Good Day to Die Hard
- Shooting begins in January 2012
- The sequel will be released on February 14th, 2013 (Valentine’s Day).
- The story is set in Russia and begins with John McClane heading to Moscow to sweet talk some cops into letting his apparently-wayward son out of jail for something he did, but when he gets there, things surrounding his son’s arrest are not as they appear and world-threatening terrorist hijinks ensue.
- McClane, Jr. has yet to be cast.
- They still don’t know if it will be rated PG-13 or R.
So, is there still a question about what I will be doing on Valentines Day 2013? Yeap. Enjoying a nice dinner with my wife, and NOT going and seeing Die Hard. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!